Cancellation/Early Return Policy
If you need to cancel for any reason prior to your rental start date, please note the following:
- There is no charge for cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the rental start date.
- There is no refund for cancellations made 48 hours or less prior to the rental start date.
- Email notification is the only way of cancellation.
- If you wish to return your scooter early (before the designated rental end date) for any reason, no refund will be given.
Terms of Service
There is no insurance of any kind provided by Scooters2u, LLC and the renter is responsible for any kind of damage caused to others or property including but not limited to damage to the scooter being rented. Renter’s liability for damage to the scooter being rented shall not be limited to and may exceed the amount of the security deposit:
- A) Any person operating a scooter must carry a copy of the rental lease agreement for that scooter.
- B) I have a currently valid driver’s license, not suspended, revoked, expired, cancelled and it must be carried and exhibited upon demand
- C) A scooter cannot by law pass another vehicle in the same lane, or be driven on a sidewalk, bicycle path, or between lane of traffic.
Scooters cannot ride more than two abreast in a lane. Operate the scooter in the same manner as a car.
- D) No person under the age of 18 is allowed to rent a scooter.
- E) Florida Law requires eye protection. Helmets provided on request. I have been informed of the safety of wearing helmets.
I have read, understand and agree to abide by the terms of Items A thru E above X________ (initial)
- Scooter must be locked with he chain lock we provide you; otherwise we will lock and charge you a $60 fee X_______ (initial)
- Should the lessee not be able to return the scooter to the pre-arranged location for any reason, a scoter pickup fee of $______& up will
be charged to the lessee
THERE IS NO REFUND FOR CANCELLATION MADE LESS THAN 48 HOURS AND NO REFUND FOR RETURNING THE SCOOTER EARLY
- Renter agrees not to ride the scooter outside the area bounded by 1st to 96st, Ocean Drive to the bridge. A $175 surcharge will be
for pickup or service outside this area. A $125 surcharge will be assessed should we find the scooter outside this area. X______ (initial)
- The cash deposit will be returned only to those names appears on the rentals agreement.
- Renter has examined the scooter and finds it to be in good condition with no visible damage beyond that listed below, and agrees to return
it in the same condition or be charged in accordance with the schedule below.
- Renter herby acknowledges that use of this equipment and related activities can be dangerous, and that accidents and injury may result
from such activities. Renter agrees to sign any and all liabilities and insurance waiv
ers and releases that may be required. The scooter is rented upon the conditions shown on the front and back of this rental agreement.
Customer accepts that he/she has read, understands & agrees with the conditions.
- Renter, as a material part of the consideration to rent said equipment, hereby assumes all risks of injury to person or damage to
property arising from any cause and renter hereby waives all claims against Scooter2U, LLC, including but not limited to injuries, death,
theft, and or any other liability regardless of any act or omission by Scooter2U, LLC.
- Renter states that he/she is able to operate the herein rented scooter. Renter hereby releases and holds harmless Scooter2U, LLC its
owners, employees, agents, assignees and licenses from and against any costs, fees, expenses, liabilities or claims arising from any
equipment or on-road activity arising out of this scooter rental, including but not limited to injuries, death, theft and/or liability regardless of
any act or omission by Scooter2U, LLC
- Lessee agrees to pay full replacement value of the scooter and other equipment rented hereunder should the same not be returned to
the lessor as required as required by this agreement or if stolen or damaged during the term of this agreement.
- I authorize Scooter2U, LLC, to process a pre-charge voucher in my name for any additional charges upon return of the scooter,
including, but not limited to, parking tickets, traffic light violations, towing (including towing charges, charge to pick up the scooter from the
towing company and any violation charge), and any other related expenses and administrative fees. A $50 processing fee shall apply to each
violation and a $175 processing fee shall be added to any towing charge. If I have an outstanding balance with Lessor, I authorize the lessor
to charge my credit card for any parking ticket or violation that the scooter received during the term of this agreement.
- If you received a PARKING TICKET during the term of this agreement he/she shall notify lessor of the parking ticket and present it to
lessor upon return of scooter. At that time, renter must pay lessor the full amount of the parking ticket plus a $5 processing fee. If renter fails
to notify, present and or pay for the parking ticket upon return of the scooter, renter shall be responsible for the full amount of the ticket in
addition to a $50 processing fee. I authorize lessor to charge my credit card for any parking ticket violation that the scooter received during
the term of this agreement. Lessor is responsible for any parking tickets or towing charges until the scooter is picked up by Scooters2U.
- Any scooter returned to the store or pre-arranged location after the time stated on the agreement will be subject to late fee of $85 per
day in an addition rental fee at the rate charge for that day. Discount received will not be applied.
- The scooter must be returned at the time stated on the agreement; otherwise it will be reported to the police as stolen. Renter must
come to the store and pay for additional time before agreement expires.
- Scooter2U, LLC, reserves the right to refuse to rent to any one for any reason or repossess the scooter for any reason.
I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify and hold harmless S2U from any and all claims,
demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of S2U’s equipment or facilities
, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions by Scooter2U LLC.
Scooters2U, LLC (the “Lessor”) rents the motor scooter to customer, subject to the conditions of this agreement, and in consideration thereof
customer agrees to the following:
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless S2U from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action,
which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of S2U’s equipment or facilities, including any such claim which allege
negligent acts or omissions by Scooter2U, LLC.
- Responsibility for payment This agreement consists of all the conditions on this page and on the reverse side whether printed or written.
CUSTOMER / RENTER means the person(s) signing this agreement and any other party to whom the charges incurred are billed at the express direction
of such party of the person signing this agreement (with LESSOR’s CONSENT), both being jointly and severally liable for such charges.
- Scooter repairs / Warranty disclaimer: Scooter is Lessor’s property. This agreement is a contract for the use of the bailed vehicle only. While scooter is on
rental to customer, customer is not Lessor’s agent for any purpose. Any service to or replacement of a part or accessory to the scooter must have lessor’s prior
written approval. Customer acquires to no right other than to ride the scooter in accordance to this agreement. Lessor’s makes no warranty for any kind, nature,
or description, expressed or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the scooter covered by this agreement.
- Responsibility for the scooter Condition / Return / Repossession:
Customer shall return scooter to Lessor’s in the same condition as received, except for ordinary wear (which does not include flat tires) to the location where
rented onthe due hour agreed. Possession of the scooter subsequent to the du back hour constitutes unauthorized use of the scooter and may subject the renter to criminal
prosecution. Lessor’s reserves the right to repossess scooter at any time with demand at customer’s expenses if scooter is used for an illegal purpose
- Use or damage to scooter and or equipment: In the event of loss or damage to scooter and or equipment while on rental, whether or not due to the fault of customer,
customer shall pay lessor, on demand, the amount of such loss or damage, including lessor’s expenses.
- Payment of charges: All charges and other amounts billed pursuant to this agreement are payable in case by customer at conclusion of rental. If a credit card is used
to charge the rental then the charges and amounts billed under such credit card acceptable to Lessor are payable in accordance with the terns of this agreement.
- Computation of charges: Except as provided in paragraph 5, customer shall pay lessor on demand the sum of:
- Time charges computed at the rate show of this agreement
- Refueling charges unless show in this agreement rate do not include fuel. If scooter is returned with less fuel than when rented, customer shall pay refueling charges.
- Repair/Replacements: A charge for labor and material will be charged for all damages including engine breakdown, or lost equipment to or from the scooter while rented.
- Fines and other expenses: Fine, penalties, forfeiture, court cost and other expenses that may be assessed against lessor but which are due by reason of customer
possession. And/or use of the scooter.
- All other charges assessed to customer in accordance to any paragraph of this agreement.
- Any legal expenses involved in collecting any of the above lists charged
- Prohibited use of scooter: Scooter shall not be used for the following purposes or under the following condition. Any such use is without Lessors permission:
- To carry person or property for hires B. To propel or tow any person, vehicle or other object. C. In any way race, test, or contest. D. for any illegal purposes E. To carry
person other than those listed on this agreement. F. If scooter is obtained from lessor by fraud misrepresentation G. Loading scooter beyond its rated capacity. H. While
under the influence of alcohol, other intoxicants, drugs or narcotics.
- Assignment: This agreement and the scooter cannot be assigned or transferred by costumer.
- Waiver/Modification of term: No term or condition of this agreement may be waived or modified as to LESSOR except by a writing signed by lessor’s authorized
- Equipment: Scooter is rented with all required equipment including helmet RENTER is responsible for returning all such equipment. Renter expressly agrees to
pay lessor on demand a sum equal to the cost of replacement for any lost and/or utilized equipment.
12.Condition of Scooter: Renter acknowledges that the herein rented vessel is the rightful property of the lessor and further acknowledges that he/she received
said vessel in good and safe mechanical and street worthy condition with the engine running perfectly. Renter agree to return said vessel together with all accessories,
equipment and accouterments, to the lessor location from which it was rented, in the same condition as he received it, excluding normal wear.
- Liability of Lessor: Lessor shall in no event be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, in connection with or arising out of the furnishing, performance,
or use of the scooter.
- Violations: If there is a violation of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Rentals agreement, renter an/or driver agree to identify lessor for all damages sustained as
a result of such violations.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement lessor and renter. Please see further condition on the reverse side.
IMPORTANT: Scooters2U, LLC STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO USE HELMET AT ALL TIMESS WHILE OPERATING ANY MOTOR SCOOTER. SHOULD ANY
RIDER FAIL TO READ THIS WARNING HE/SHE DOES SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.